• One package of sliced chicken breast, about 1 1/3 pounds
• One large white onion, coarsely chopped
• One large carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
• One large stalk celery, coarsely chopped
• Four cups of water
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Low-Fat Bisquick, 1 1/3 cups
• Non-fat milk, 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons
Sauté the chicken pieces, in canola oil, in a Dutch oven, until outer pink is gone; add onion and continue sautéing until onion is translucent. Add carrot, celery and water bring to a boil; lower heat to a low boil and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until carrots are done.
Remove chicken, keep warm in covered dish. Use a potato masher to break-up any large pieces of vegetable in the broth. Bring broth back to a slow boil.
In a small bowl, mix Bisquick and milk, forming a soft ball. Drop mixture into simmering broth, you should have eight dumplings. Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes; cover Dutch oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
Place reserved chicken in your serving dish, place dumplings on top of chicken, and spoon gravy from Dutch oven over all.
What's cookin' at your house?,