We had these for dinner last night, and they were delicious. I make Chicken Enchiladas frequently, but sometimes it's good to go meatless.
Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1/2 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen white corn
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded and divided - I like a Cheddar Jack mix
- 1 10 oz. can Enchilada Sauce, mild, I like La Victoria.
- 10 white tortillas, 6 to 8 inch.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, black beans, corn, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Warm 2 tortillas at a time, in the microwave, for 20 seconds.
- Scoop a scant 1/2 cup of the veggie mix into one of the tortillas, roll it up, and place in the pan, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, warming and filling, until the all the mix is used. It should make 9 or 10 enchiladas. Pour the entire contents of the can of Enchilada Sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle it with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Leftovers will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
What's cookin' at your house?,