Because of Bob's health requirements, I've been cooking strictly vegetarian at home. He gets his fix of poultry, he doesn't eat fish, when we eat out.. I created this easy dish, to have something new to serve. We had it last night and it was very good, served it with a green salad and you have a great, easy meal.
2 cans of Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed.
1 T. of minced garlic
1 cup of salsa
4 Flour Tortillas
1 1/2 cups of shredded Mexican Cheese. Or half Jack and half Cheddar, shredded.
This is my garlic secret, found in the produce section of the grocery.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a pie plate with vegetable spray, and set aside.
- Place the pinto beans in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add the minced garlic and salsa, and continue mashing. The salsa makes it easier. This is the salsa I like to use.
- Place one flour tortilla in the pie plate, cover with 1/4 of the mashed pinto mixture, then 1/4 of the cheese.
- Repeat until you have four layers, ending with cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serves 4.
What's cookin' at your house?,