Tuscan Chicken Soup
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion (medium dice)
- 5 medium carrots (peeled, washed, and medium dice)
- 4 stalks celery (washed and medium diced)
- 1 zucchini (washed and medium diced)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt-to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper -to taste
- 1 cup very small pasta, I used Ditalini.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and saute onions, celery, and carrots over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and garlic; saute until tender about 4-6 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, basil, oregano, chicken.
- Simmer soup for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with with grated parmigiano reggiano and rustic bread!
Make 8 servings. Be prepared to add more broth, when you serve leftovers, the pasta really soaks up the liquid.
adapted from Peanut Blossom.
What's cookin' at your house?,