• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 4 to 6 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
• 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed through your fingers or coarsely chopped
• 1 (9-ounce) package fresh tortellini or 4 servings dried tortellini
• Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
• 10 ounces fresh or frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, very loosely packed
1. In a 3-quart soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
3. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
4. Serve immediately. Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
What's cookin' at your house?,