June 6, 2008

Baked French Toast

This is great for Christmas Morning, or any time you're having company for breakfast. It's assembled the night before, and popped in the oven in the morning.


Caramelized Apple French Toast

Ingredients:
1 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. light Karo syrup
6 tbsp. butter
3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
18 slices day old white bread
6 eggs
2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, syrup and butter; boil in pan for 1 minute. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Place sliced raw apples on top of caramel. Place bread 3 layers deep in pan. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together. Pour over bread.

Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes until brown and slightly puffy.


This photo was from when I was interviewed by our local newspaper, The Press-Enterprise, about this recipe. Erin was 7 at the time.


2 comments

  1. Ohhhh this is so nice! Yummy! I'm so glad I came by your blog. I'm adding it to mine so I can get recipes from you which i would love to try when I am with my husband. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are going to love this! Thanks for the recipe. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you like the recipe, and thank you for commenting.


UP